Diesel Mechanic / Class B
Company: Pressure Washing Systems
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Diesel Technician / Mechanic
This position is located in Cicero, IL
Maintains fleet of diesel vehicles and equipment by completing
inspections and preventive maintenance requirements including but
not limited to; correcting vehicle deficiencies, making adjustments
and alignments, and keeping records.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and
diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive
maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades;
controlling corrosion; completing winterization
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing,
adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing
major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems,
such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning,
fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; making adjustments and
alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve
mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives;
adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing
engine, safety, and emissions control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating
instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies;
performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Assist manager with monthly inventory of stock
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical and regulation
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by
accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
exploring opportunities to add value to job
- Accessible outside of normal working hours if emergencies
- Other duties as assigned by management
ASE Diesel Mechanic Certification preferred, minimum of 5 years of
experience in servicing diesel engines, gas and small engine
experience is a plus, valid U.S. driver s license, CDL license
preferred, must obtain CDL B within first 6 months of hire date,
mechanical and inspection tools, technical understanding, attention
to detail, dependability, thoroughness, verbal communication,
documentation skills, inventory control, job knowledge
We offer a casual atmosphere and family oriented environment where
everyone has the roll up their sleeves attitude.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, life
insurance, and 401k.
Call 708-652-9274 ext.115 or Apply Below!
Keywords: Pressure Washing Systems, Cicero , Diesel Mechanic / Class B, Professions , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!