Class A Linehaul Driver- HOME DAILY
Company: Pitt Ohio
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Requisition Number: 06068-POE
Job Title: Class A Linehaul Driver- HOME DAILY
Pay Scale: SE - $0.5792 cpm (L I)
CLASS A LINEHAUL DRIVER- HOME DAILY
TRUCK DRIVER - CDL DRIVER - LINEHAUL DRIVER - CDL CLASS A
PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable,
transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND,
LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Class A CDL Road Driver at
our Cicero, IL Terminal.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of
the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a
leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and
excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, medical and prescription insurance with
no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, dental, 401K, profit
sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much
* A minimum age of 25 years of age.
* All tractor trailer drivers must have two years of verifiable
driving experience (approximate 100,000 miles) or a minimum of one
year of verifiable driving experience and a diploma from an
accredited driving school that PITT OHIO approves.
* All Drivers must pass a PITT OHIO driving test administered by an
approved PITT OHIO Trainer.
* All Drivers except sprinter truck drivers will be required to
possess or obtain within 90 days Haz-Mat and Tanker endorsements on
their current valid driver s license issued by the resident state
in which they reside.
* All drivers to possess only one valid driver s license issued by
the resident state of the driver. Operators who have recently
transferred from another state must produce a copy of the former
license or provide license information for verification from that
state. Drivers will need to provide information on all previously
held licenses within the past 36-month period.
* No record of a driver's license suspension or revocation for more
than 30 days, covering the 36-month period prior to the order date
of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). A suspension for failure to pay
and/or failure to appear will be considered provided that there was
no conviction for driving while suspended during this time
* No record of citation or conviction for any serious traffic
violation during the 60-month period prior to the order date of a
Motor Vehicle Record.
* No past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more
than three motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period
prior to the order date of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
* No past pattern or record of involvement in more than one
at-fault traffic accident and no more than two motor vehicle
violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of
* Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
* Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. Pitt Ohio must
receive a negative result.
* PITT OHIO must receive a negative controlled substance and
alcohol result from prior employer(s) for the past three-year
period. No prior evidence of controlled substance use.
* There must be no instance of refusal to submit to an Alcohol or
Controlled Substance test within the past 3-year period including a
* Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30
days or more must be indicated and explained, you may be asked to
provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your application
from being processed and job offer withdrawn.
* Must have the ability to read and write the English language and
also perform simple mathematical calculations.
* You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with
PITT OHIO. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in the
employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or
is intended to be a contract of employment.
* Drives a commercial vehicle safely primarily in our road
operation during overnight hours. Terminal to terminal or terminal
to a relay point and return to home terminal.
* Road operation is Monday Friday night, and occasional weekend.
Drivers are home daily unless unforeseen circumstance arise such as
* You may occasionally have to make a customer delivery or
* You may be required to help unload or load freight at a terminal.
This includes lifting or pulling freight with dock tools such as
pallet jacks, two wheelers or forklifts (PITT OHIO certified
* Securing of freight may be required through strapping or other
* Inspect the vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions as
required by law and company policy.
* Comply with all Federal requirements regarding the transportation
of Hazardous Materials.
* Drive tractor/trailer in all conditions in accordance with
federal regulations, normally in periods of driving within hours of
service limitations, followed by an off-duty period as required by
* Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal
regulations, including driver s logs and other records required by
* Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and
procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local
regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this
position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com .
MOS:88M Apply Now
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Email this job to a friend
Your email address:
Recipient's email address:
Personal message: I came across this job and thought you may be
Keywords: Pitt Ohio, Cicero , Class A Linehaul Driver- HOME DAILY, Professions , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!