Lead General Warehouse Associate
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: March 19, 2023
- 3+ years of experience working multiple departments in
a distribution center.
- Previous experience operating material handling equipment.
- Prior experience in a lead or mentorship role.Job SummaryWorks
in multiple departments within the distribution center, including
case pick, shipping, receiving, returns, loading, order processing,
and replenishment. Supports management by providing guidance and
training to warehouse associates.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and
- Coaches and trains warehouse associates on warehousing duties,
including providing training on material handling equipment.
- Coordinates and prioritizes warehousing work to ensure tasks
are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Operates material handling equipment to complete tasks, such as
loading, unloading, picking, stocking, and staging inventory.
- Ensures all warehousing functions are running smoothly and
escalates issues to management.
- Verifies and enters product and shipment data into inventory
- Makes sure work areas are clean and follow company safety
policies and procedures.
- Completes required paperwork during assigned shifts.
- Serves as back-up for all warehousing functions. Nature and
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact.
Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and
applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May
lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically
involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct
customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing
authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior
level associates.Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- No travel required.Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of
Keywords: HD Supply, Cicero , Lead General Warehouse Associate, Professions , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...