Maintenance Reliability Engineer
Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or
Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps
snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If
the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
#LI-CW1Position Summary: Self-motivated professional to manage and
supervise essential maintenance activities and provide leadership
by developing training and education programs and analysis methods
to improve reliability of assets, equipment and processes.
Acquiring and analyzing data. Creating reports, charts and
calculations to identify reliability problems and make
recommendations for repair/replacement costs to accomplish
improvement.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provides support to regional maintenance leaders to accomplish
goals of corporate maintenance strategy and help to identify gaps
that need to be addressed to achieve industry world class asset
- Create and execute training and education seminars for BBU
personnel to implement equipment reliability programs nationwide.
(Both hourly staff and management personnel)
- Develop and coordinate projects that enhance machine
reliability, productivity, consistent improvement in operational
efficiency and safety.
- Manage projects to meet reliability goals, productivity and
- Provide help to create optimized machine spare parts lists,
min/max levels, optimal spares inventory, parts criticality
- Provide leadership for utilization of CMMS (computerized
maintenance management systems)
- Provide leadership and training to conduct failure root cause
analysis for bakery equipment.
- Provide leadership and training to conduct TTR
(clean-inspect-repair) events on bakery equipment.
- Provides leadership to implement predictive maintenance
techniques and devices.
- Gathers and examines machinery and operational data and
proposes reliability improvement plans.
- Initiates elemental engineering studies into equipment/process
failures and presents analysis details to more experienced
engineers for improving.
- Work collaboratively with project engineering teams to build in
reliability and maintenance efficiency "up-front" on projects.
- Associates are expected to find ways to continuously improve
- Associate will interact with variety of stake holders via
various communication mediums (written and/or verbal). Job
Requirements Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Provide training to bakery associates.
- Able to influence others
- Flexible to learn from industry experts
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense
Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding
that these are absolutes & are Priority #1.
- Work requires the ability to read, write and communicate in
English in order to understand and follow work and safety
- Capable of moving up and down building stairways in a
multi-level plant to reach job assignments and perform the tasks
- Worker will be exposed to all hazards of machinery and
equipment in an operational baking environment Education/Work
History and position requirements:
- B.S. degree in engineering, industrial arts, equivalent trade
school associate degree, or former maintenance craft
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Excellent communication skills and effective team building
skills a must
- CMRP or CRL certification is a plus
- Experience in a food processing plant is a plus
- Willingness to travel 50% to 60% of time. The physical and
mental demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be requestedto
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Cicero , Maintenance Reliability Engineer, Professions , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!