Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or
Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps
snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If
the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
$5,000 Sign On BonusPosition Summary:
This position oversees production lines and operations in the
bakery under the supervision of the Production Manager and Plant
Manager to ensure quality of product and delivery to distribution.
Responsible for direct supervision of production associates. Works
closely with all other departments in the bakery including
maintenance, sanitation, and shipping.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates supports of General Bakery Safety, Food Safety,
Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and
ensures adherence to all quality requirements including Hazard
Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP's), etc.
- Provides leadership, training and coaching with associates to
create culture of inclusion and engagement.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe work
environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and
Federal mandates or programs.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving
products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste
while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Responsible for start-up including calculating orders, checking
dough sheet, equipment condition and temperature settings.
- Monitors product quality; making formula changes as directed
and tracks changes.
- Completes staff scheduling to ensure production lines are
adequately staffed and coordinates with other departments to
- Executes and maintains records for all phases of production
relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, and
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in
the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other
programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other
3rd party audits.
- Ensures compliance with AIB standards, Company policies and
- Conducts incident investigations, responsible for reporting
processes and ensuring any identified preventative actions are
- Participates in, and drives LEAN manufacturing culture. Job
Requirements Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Results Achiever
- Change Agent
- People Oriented Leadership
- Learning and Adapting Best Practices
- Lives By and Promotes ValuesEducation and Work History:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some College is
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience in production, preferably
in the food processing industry or fast-paced manufacturing
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including
the ability to handle difficult conversations.
- Proficiency-level computer skills including MS Office
applications.KRONOS knowledge is a plus.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends,
and holidays.#LI-203320773_KM1The physical and mental demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be requestedto
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Cicero , Production Supervisor, Professions , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!