Maintenance Mechanic- Competitve Pay
Company: Mauser Packaging Solutions
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and
services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small
metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies
in industries from food, beverage, personal care and
pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and
paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy
companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging
Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Maintenance Mechanic repairs and maintains plastic molding
machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors pneumatic tools,
hydraulics, conveyor systems, electrical devices and production
machines and equipment. Uses hand tools, power tools, and precision
measuring and testing equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance checks on all production
equipment and machinery.
- Replaces or repairs parts on machines such as bearings, filter,
wiring, valves, gauges and switches.
- Replaces electrical parts and equipment.
- Observes and listens to mechanical devices in operation to
locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special
functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Required to participate in on-call program and may be required
to work additional hours as required.
- Ability to use a variety of common hand and power tools. Basic
understanding of electrical and mechanical properties.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and observes the
operations to insure a safe environment.
- Upholds Site and Corporate Environmental Policies by following
all Environmental Policies, Procedures and Work
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance of "Food Product
Safety" & "Product Quality" of the molded product, to meet the
expectation of our customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus one
year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of training an experience.
- Basic understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization
----While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to reach with hands and arms. They employee
frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or
balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Mauser Packaging Solutions, Cicero , Maintenance Mechanic- Competitve Pay, Professions , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!