Company: PITT OHIO
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionDescription/Job SummaryPITT OHIO, a $826 million,
high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider
offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is
seeking a Full Time Outbound Dockworker, 8pm Start at our Cicero,
IL Terminal.We offer overtime IMMEDIATELY after 40 hours
worked.Moved to Top Rate of $25.24 after 6 months.PITT OHIO has
received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards
and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the
transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is
our goal at PITT OHIO.We offer competitive wages, medical and
prescription insurance with no weekly premiums, vision, dental,
401K, profit sharing, vacation paid at 45 hours per week, pleasant
work environment, and much more!FREIGHT HANDLER - LOADERS -
- A minimum age of 18 years of age.
- Must pass a NON -Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
- Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. PITT OHIO must
receive a negative result.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language
and also perform simple mathematical calculations
- Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30
days or more must be indicated and explained, and you may be asked
to provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your
application from being processed and job offer withdrawn.
- You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with
PITT OHIO. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in the
employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or
is intended to be a contract of employment.JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Must have command of the English language with the ability to
read, write, and communicate effectively with internal and external
customers, perform simple mathematical calculations, handle
receipts, read shipping labels and follow loading
- Will be responsible to load and unload freight according to DOT
requirements on and off of trucks by hand or by use of hand truck
- Sort and secure items in position on trucks according to DOT
requirements or on dock to prevent damage.
- Lifting various types of materials will be required: cartons,
bags, cylinders, boxes, crates, drums, pipe, bars, rugs, etc.
- Common material handling tools will be used: carts, dollies,
pallet jacks, and tow motors.
- Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, carrying,
bending, reaching, and lifting both above and below waist level
will be required.
- Heavy lifting will be required.
- Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal
risks and risk to fellow employees.
- Comply with federal, state, and company regulations.
- Process all paperwork daily associated with the execution of
- Be available and willing to work; exceptions require management
- Work in a positive, supportive, and cooperative way at all
- Perform other duties as directed or requested.PITT OHIO is an
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all
qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial
consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
religion or other legally protected status.To navigate to the PITT
OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to
pittohio.balancetrak.com .We offer competitive compensation, an
excellent benefits package, 401(k), profit sharing, paid vacations,
a pleasant work environment, and much more.FREIGHT HANDLER -
LOADERS - DOCKWORKERS
Keywords: PITT OHIO, Cicero , Dockworker- Outbound, Professions , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!