Maintenance Tech III / Lead
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Veolia is the world's leading environmental services company with
-179,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our
customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges
in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients'
energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and
recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe,
cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments,
campuses, businesses, and industries.
Consistently leads an assigned team to inspect, maintain, repair
and install mechanical, electromechanical, pneumatic and/or
hydraulic equipment at plant and/or pump stations.
- In conjunction with supervisor, or in his/her absence, reviews
daily team requirements. Oversees work assignments to ensure that
schedules are met. May recommend changes to schedule to optimize
production and/or reduce costs. Ensures that labor reporting is
accurate and balances with labor tracking system. Provides feedback
to Supervisor on labor, material and equipment demands needed to
- Monitors work assignments and ensures that team members are
meeting or exceeding production and quality standards. Coaches and
trains team members to increase skill level and to improve
productivity, safety, quality and processes in a cost effective
manner. Trains team members to troubleshoot and resolve
- Provides technical guidance, troubleshoots, resolves or
coordinates resolution of technical issues/problems on a proactive
basis. Models and teaches finding cost effective solutions to
- Prepares work orders either manually or from a Computer
Maintenance Management System as required and prepares work related
reports, procurement requisitions, charts, graphs and data
submittal requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Models safe work practices and provides leadership in achieving
safety goals. May assist with safety training. Ensures that safety
awareness is on going, that good housekeeping is practiced and that
environmental and safety regulatory requirements are met. Reports
potential problems to supervisor on a timely basis.
- Performs duties of Maintenance Tech III as required.
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES (INTERMITTENT, ON AN OCCASIONAL BASIS,
- May assist with maintaining parts, spares and maintenance
procurement and inventory.
- May assist in other areas of plant as directed.
- High school or GED with the ability to read, write and
comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality
instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written
- Over five years experience in a related position in a similar
environment with ability to comprehend complex specifications,
blueprints and manuals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Vocational
training and mechanical aptitude required, with the ability to
read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, scales,
panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to mentor, coach and train others to
identify cost effective solutions.
- Must demonstrate ability to use computer programs for preparing
work orders, work related reports, charts, graphs and data
- Must demonstrate proficiency in and model the care and use of
all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to perform all
assigned tasks in an organized, accurate and timely manner and the
ability to efficiently maintain, install and repair any equipment
used in the facility. Fabrication and welding experience may be
required if necessary at site.
- Must have the ability to diagnose problems regardless of
complexity, troubleshoot mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic
or pneumatic equipment and take corrective action within policy and
- Good verbal and written communication skills are
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and
willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities
- Minimum water/wastewater license as required by regulatory
agencies at site.
- Must possess a valid driver's license (commercial license and
heavy equipment operator license is desirable) and a safe driving
- Employee Orientation, Departmental Operating Procedures,
Safety, OSHA and Quality Training.
- HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency
- Obtain or maintain HVAC, Electrician, Plumber's or other trade
License if assigned to that area. Note: Will not perform duties
unless properly licensed.
- Forklift Certification if required by site.
- May perform more advanced functions as part of training and
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to
meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses
and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is
unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and
sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means
improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their
water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes.
We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more
than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and
organizations throughout North America.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives
equal consideration to all applications, without
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia, Cicero , Maintenance Tech III / Lead, Professions , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!