Biosolids Recycling Instrument Technician - Cicero, IL
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological
transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group
designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful
and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its
three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop
access to resources, preserve
available resources, and replenish them. In 2020, the Veolia group
supplied 95 million people with drinking water and 62 million
people with wastewater service, produced nearly 43 million megawatt
hours of energy and treated 47 million metric tons of waste.
The Instrument Technician performs skilled work in predictive,
preventive and corrective maintenance activities on various types
of process control equipment, power distribution systems and data
communication networks. Is fully qualified to perform the most
complex functions and may lead the work of others.
- Vocational training, in-depth working knowledge of general
maintenance practices, repairs and electrical/instrumentation
aptitude required, with the ability to maintain, repair, test and
adjust electro-mechanical, pneumatic, electronic and other types of
recording, control, and measuring instruments as well as use
computer consoles (SCADA) and other equipment.
- 4-7 years of related experience as an Electrical and
Instrumentation Technician in a similar environment with the
ability to comprehend complex specifications, P&ID & electrical
drawings and Operations & Maintenance Manuals.
- Journeyman electrical license and instrumentation & controls
certification preferred or ability to obtain one within one year of
- Must be able to utilize all site specific, facility required
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), including respirators, gas
detectors, confined space equipment, ect.)
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks in an organized,
accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to conduct predictive, preventive and corrective
maintenance activities (calibration of instrumentation and
controls, operate electrical switchgear, test and troubleshoot
electrical circuits from low voltage DC up to 13kv AC).
- Must be able to conduct field fault analysis to determine if
instrument has failed or if it is a process problem and hardwire
relay logic, motor control circuits, motor power circuits (low
voltage DC up to 13kv AC) and common utility / lighting
- Must be able to utilize multiple pieces of test equipment to
perform calibration of instrument and balancing of control systems
(hart communicator, VOM, etc.).
- Must be able to install, repair and maintain signal
transmission lines throughout the facility such as tubing, wiring,
etc., modify of existing instrument/electrical systems as
- Must be able to conduct fault analysis of PLC based systems
with control logic modification.
- Must be able to diagnose and respond to problems, troubleshoot
electro-mechanical, pneumatic, electrical equipment,
instrumentation and PLC's and take corrective action within policy
and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to maintain open lines of communication with internal
and external contacts for continuing operations and resolution of
problems. (Internal contacts include on-site staff. External
contacts include contractors, vendors and manufacturers.)
- Must be proficient with computer programs for process controls
(SCADA), computer programs (Google Suite), Computer Maintenance
Management System (OWAM), or similar systems.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work a normal scheduled shift and respond to 24
hour emergency call in situations as required by site.
- Valid driver's license required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives
equal consideration to all applications, without
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia, Cicero , Biosolids Recycling Instrument Technician - Cicero, IL, Professions , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!