Customer Relations Liaison
Company: Alden Town Manor Rehabilitation and Health Care Ce
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Alden Town Manor Rehabilitation and Health Care Center - JOB
- The Customer Relations Liaison (CRL) is responsible for
providing high-level, proactive customer service in anticipation of
all patients' and families' desires and inquiries. The successful
CRL is accountable for anticipating the desires and needs of the
customers and proactively initiating efforts to fulfill such
desires resulting in delightful customer experiences (satisfaction
scores in the 90-percentile range or better). The CRL is
responsible for working collaboratively with key facility staff in
response to customer requests.
- Additionally, this position is responsible for developing
relationships with key community partners (community organizations)
in an effort to provide education regarding the services and
programs of the facility and to enhance relationships that further
facilitate customer delight. The CRL is responsible,
administratively, to the facility to plan, develop, organize,
oversee, and run the overall operation of the Ambassador Program in
accordance with current Alden policies and procedures and as may be
directed by the Administrator. The CSL reports to the Administrator
and accepts consultation/supervision from the corporate Director of
Operations of Clinical Programs and the Vice President of
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Communication,
Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Sociology, or other related
- Have one year of experience in working in customer relations in
the healthcare field.
- Demonstrate skills and ability in working with and
understanding the needs of the patients, residents, families, and
personnel from community agencies.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner. The ability to produce concise,
meaningful, written reports, and articulate the customer service
needs of the patients, residents, and families.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such actions that are in the best interest of
the patients, residents, and families. Must possess the ability to
deal tactfully with patients, residents, family members, visitors,
personnel, government agencies/personnel and the general public in
a professional manor.
- Must possess leadership ability and a willingness to work
harmoniously with other personnel.
- The ability to accept and utilize professional supervision,
consultation and in- service training/educational
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle confidential data with
- Have experience and qualified marketing skills to effectively
express the Alden's Customer Service Program to the community,
other health professionals, outside professional organizations,
senior services, government agencies, and any other provider or
professional in the community.
- Must have the sincere desire to work with a variety of
populations that require long-term or short-term care.
- Possess a knowledge and ability to apply that knowledge to deal
effectively with this population.
- Possess the ability to guide and direct staff in customer
service approaches effective with the patients, residents, and
- Possess the qualities of empathy, compassion, understanding,
enthusiasm, and humor in order to effectively interact with
patients, residents, families, and staff.
- Willingness to be flexible regarding working hours in order to
ensure quality of services.
- Understand and be able to manage emotional needs of yourself
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of the position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents,
family members, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must be able to relate to and work with (physically/mentally)
ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile
- Must be free of physical limitation so as to be able to
participate in the physical crisis prevention (CPI) techniques as
trained by a certified trainer.
- May be required to lift equipment, supplies, and occasionally
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis B
- Prior to admission, make contact with new admissions and
families to provide information as to what can be expected once
they arrive at the facility. Completed pre-admission education on
specific programs that patient will be involved with and
facilitates the Patient Commitment Agreement. Alerts the
- facility of any potential need for further review of the health
condition of the patient and potential need for in depth discussion
of advanced directives.
- Ensure that the patient room is "ready" is all aspects and that
"personalized touches" are present in the room prior to the
patient's arrival and thereafter. Be available to welcome new
admission residents, provide support and initiate a
trusting/therapeutic relationship. Greets the patient upon arrival
at the facility and initiates the preliminary aspects of the
- Makes contact with the patient several times throughout the day
to ensure their desires are met. Introduces patient to their
ambassador and completes follow up with the ambassadors to ensure
that all patient, resident, and family desires are being met and
any concerns are being resolved.
- Make contact with the family within the first 24-hours of
admission and weekly thereafter to ensure satisfaction.
- Must be able to interpret patient statements and assess
non-verbal communication as a means of clearly anticipate
customer's feelings about the placement and takes steps to ensure a
smooth transition into the facility.
- Design a proactive Customer Service Program by (through active
listening) becoming knowledgeable of each individual patient's
background, cultural, life history, disease, and medical care needs
in detail to ensure an appropriate person-centered customer service
- Instructs facility Ambassadors on the individual customer
service program for each patient and completes daily rounds with
patients to ensure that their personal preferences are integrated
into their day. Confers with the Ambassador as necessary.
- Collect and analyze Patient Satisfaction Surveys, Physician
Satisfaction Surveys and Hospital Satisfaction Surveys. Develops
reports and identifies any trends or patterns. Develops corrective
action plans based on the results of the surveys. Reviews the
results of the reports with key facility staff (department heads
and other ambassadors, administration) for any additional action
- Provide the Alden Post-Acute Support Team with a summary report
of the results of the Surveys for review with key network
- Collaborate and educate department heads and other staff on the
importance on customer services and techniques for promoting
delightful customer experiences.
- Participate in facility meetings to review the overall status
and any needs associated with the program. Meets with the
Administrator at least weekly to review Customer Satisfaction
Surveys (including Customer Care Surveys) and takes necessary steps
towards service recovery based on the results of individual
- Meets with physicians and hospitals to review their preferences
and needs and collaborates with the Administrator on action
- Develop and maintain relationships with area community agencies
and organizations. Provides marketing collateral and ongoing
communication related to the services of the facility.
- Become a knowledgeable and experienced leader in the area in
regards to the customer service field and programs.
- Maintain adequate record system for obtaining, recording, and
filing of customer service information. Participate in the
development, maintenance, and implementation of the facility's
Quality Improvement Programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Town Manor Rehabilitation and Health Care Ce, Cicero , Customer Relations Liaison, Other , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!