Dean of Culture
Company: Acero Charter Schools, Inc.
Location: Elmwood Park
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Reports to: Principal or Assistant Principal
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Location: Chicago, IL
WE ARE ACERO
The Dean of Culture will collect and manage the culture metrics of
the school that include components of academics, social-emotional
well-being, and behavior. The Dean of Culture will discuss data
with instructional and advisory teams to promote, support,
celebrate, and improve any and all culture components, and will
work collaboratively with parents, students, advisors and teachers
to bring resolution to situations where policies/protocols have
The Dean of Culture will report to the Principal on a weekly basis
to highlight gathered data, gain approval for proposed
solutions/resolutions to data/issues, and evaluate the
effectiveness of systems/protocols put in place. The Dean of
Culture will serve as the first point of contact for teachers,
advisors, and parents who present issues/situations related to
student behavior, and will work with the Principal on all Judicial
Affairs of the school including severe discipline infractions,
suspensions, and expulsions, as well as city, state, or federal
JOIN OUR TEAM
- A team of driven individuals who contribute to, respect and
serve in our communities.
- A team of professional collaborators seeking the most effective
instructional methods for students growth.
- A team who embodies the values of achievement, community,
excellence, resilience and optimism.
- Provide strategies for articulating and enforcing the school s
culture and climate to staff and students, as set by teachers and
- Develop interventions for students in tandem with parents,
counselors, special education teachers, and advisors.
- Enforce school policies after teacher s discipline measures
have been exhausted.
- Encourage parental involvement in the pursuit of student
achievement and a positive school culture.
- Work collaboratively with the School Leadership Team to plan
individual school and/or network wide programs to promote a
positive and caring school culture.
- Assist in the orientation of new students, parents, and
- Implement a process for keeping track of students credits,
recovery courses, graduation requirements and future courses to
ensure all students are on track at all times.
- Develop communication systems for advisors to convey student
needs to students and parents.
- Organize, monitor, and interpret data obtained from measurement
tools to help the School Leadership Team make effective educational
decisions, related to student development.
- Evaluate students academic performance, behavior, social and
emotional development, and physical health.
- Monitor, evaluate the effectiveness of, and make
recommendations for improvement to the existing behavior management
strategies and programs.
- Serve as administrative point person in cases of severe
discipline and communicate directly to the Principal.
- Act in accordance with federal, state, and local laws,
statutes, and/or policies that relate to students and families, and
ensure school-wide compliance in those areas.
- Believe in our ability to create the future we envision.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as
- Education: Bachelor s Degree (required), Master s Degree in
social work, counseling, or school administration (preferred)
- Minimum three years of counseling/administrative school
- Experience working with adolescents and/or families,
particularly in traditionally underserved schools and communities
- Possess valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) or
equivalent (strongly preferred)
- Possess valid Illinois Type 73, Type 75, or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (required)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The nature of the work requires an ability to operate standard
business office equipment, collect, compile and prepare work
documents, set-up and maintain work files, and an ability to
communicate and exchange information. Physical demands include the
ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, and walk around
the classroom 60% of the day. In addition, candidates must be able
to lift and/or push and pull 15 to 20 lbs. for short periods of
time, and walk up and down stairs several times a day.
Majority of work is performed in a general school environment.
Position requires availability for extended hours plus
non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires
participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and
NOTE : The foregoing list of essential duties and responsibilities
is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this
classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one
position in the class. The omission of an essential function does
not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if
such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Acero Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all
individuals. Acero Schools does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation,
or national or ethnic origin.
Keywords: Acero Charter Schools, Inc., Cicero , Dean of Culture, Other , Elmwood Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!