Experienced Automotive and Diesel Mechanic
Company: First Student
Location: Crest Hill
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Experienced Auto & Diesel
Earn a $1,000 Sign-On
First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in
North America, is now hiring a Fleet Technician with strong
mechanical and diagnostic skills! Districts we
serve: Plainfield CUSD 202; Joliet District 86; Will County
School District 92 (Lockport); Richland School District 88a;
Chaney-Monge District 88; Elwood School District 203; Joliet
First Student is proud to offer:
- $28-$32 per hour based on experience & qualifications
(NOT flat rate)
- Earn a $1,000 sign-on bonus! *(conditions apply.
Offer expires 10/31/21)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Union shop environment
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- An excellent union benefits package including medical,
vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Auto & Diesel Fleet Mechanic Major
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes,
engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches
and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Auto & Diesel Fleet Technician
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 5+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of school transportation services. We operate in 460
locations across the US and Canada, working with school districts
to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation for
five million students per school day. We employ more than 48,000
people and operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Cicero , Experienced Automotive and Diesel Mechanic, Other , Crest Hill, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!