The Seasonal Worker is responsible for delighting Thorntons
guests with prompt and courteous service, maintaining merchandise,
and supporting store goals and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions (RESPONSIBLE TO)
- Delivers guest service with a "how may I help you" attitude.
Looks for opportunities to delight guests and follows instructions
from store management.
- Ring all sales as discussed in the operations procedures.
- Assure proper sale and accounting of money orders/lottery
- Accurately account for price overrides, store use of
merchandise, voids, returns and waste.
- Keep coolers, fast lane merchandise, store shelves, and
displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
- Clean and maintain equipment and ready high-margin products
such as coffee, fountain drinks, etc.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to suggest items to guests
that complement their purchases, and asks our guests if they are a
refreshing rewards member at the beginning of every
- Ensure that the Store Management is made aware of all sales,
cash, or operating discrepancies.
- Clean windows, floors, shelving, counters, gas pumps regularly,
and restrooms per store operating procedures (daily check
- Clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the store as
- Advise store management of any maintenance or safety
- Practices safe working habits that align with company safety
- Properly uses the Guest Service Department for guest service
- Stay familiar with all Thorntons policies applicable to the SW
position as outlined on Thorntons Intranet.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state alcohol and tobacco and
all other applicable laws and regulations
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain PAR levels as outlined on PAR sheet per store
High School Diploma or GED
All experience will be considered
Ability to speak, read, understand, and write the English
Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations
High energy and strong work ethic.
Excellent interpersonal skill.
Strong guest service skills.
Works well with others in a team environment
Sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process
Ability to read and understand instructions for operation of
electronic cash registers and other equipment.
Ability to read electronic fuel reports.
- Equipment/Special Expertise
Must be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, stock shelves,
make price changes, etc.
Properly records time on the TOTS systems and signs a time
report verifying all hours worked
Understands that company funds are not available for personal