School Bilingual Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - FMLA Leave
Company: Healthpro Heritage, LLC
Posted on: February 15, 2020
Join our Pediatric School Based Team and use your passion for
Speech-Language Pathology to help make a difference in a child's
- School Speech Language Pathologist position for FMLA leave -
March 2020-May 2020!
- Cicero, IL
- Must have PEL
- Full Time/7 hours daily/35 hours weekly
- Elementary caseload
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Clinical Fellows are encouraged to apply. We have CF
supervision available! .* We offer a one-of-a-kind Bilingual
Immersion Program that offers support to our seasoned and recently
graduated Bilingual SLPs! Please ask us about this!.* We value our
Speech-Language Pathologists and their dedication to our mission of
making a difference in a child's life. That is why we make it a
priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more! HealthPRO--/Heritage is a
national leading provider of highly skilled bilingual
speech-language pathologists and educators. We hire Bilingual
Speech Therapists who share our vision, work diligently, and
provide best practices in speech therapy that will change
children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented
SLP who wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is
time to look at our company. The primary purpose of the School
Speech Language Pathology position is diagnostic assessment and
therapeutic treatment of pediatric students in a school setting.
The goal is to help students who demonstrate speech and language
deficits reach their maximum performance potential within an
educational model of practice. Looking forward to speaking with
you! Krystal Rosario - Director of Recruitment - Pediatric Division
Call: Email: (see below) PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS :The following is
a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential
functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive as all duties are
subject to change. This is consistent with our need to be flexible
and responsive to the needs of our customers, patients, co-workers
and associated policies. The employee who occupies this position is
expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management,
irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in
this list. While an effort has been made to thoroughly describe the
customary manner in which this job is performed, reasonable
accommodation will be made upon notification, for qualified
individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform the
job in the manner indicated.
- Provides speech therapy services to patients and initiates
referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Speech Therapy
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to
determine need for interventions/treatment.
- Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment
planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as
- Obtains appropriate physician's orders/documentation for
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to patients,
families, and other team members.
- Develops treatment plan by identifying a target list, including
short and long term goals and methods to achieve identified
- Coordinates, implements, and conducts treatment and plans with
patients, family, and other team members.
- Provides treatments designed to enhance oral range of motion,
as well as laryngeal and swallowing capabilities to guide patients
towards maximum restoration of swallowing function.
- Provides instruction and therapeutic techniques for
expressive/receptive language and articulation skills.
- Assesses the need and makes recommendations for assistive
devices, technology, augmentation and/or communication devices and
follows up as needed.
- Monitors patient's response to intervention and modifies
treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with plan and
- Develops appropriate home or programming within the community
to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in their
- Willingness to work with severely physically, emotionally and
cognitively compromised patients.
- Willingness to work in environments with risk of personal
injury, exposure to infections, waste materials, infectious
diseases, and odors.
- Must be able to cope with the emotional stress associated with
working with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Must be able to work independently with periodic (daily or
less) support and directions.
- Basic knowledge of computers, typing abilities and willingness
to utilize computers on a daily basis.
- Documents all results of patient's assessment, treatment,
follow-up and termination of services.
- Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the
- Assess the need for and make recommendations for assistive
devices, technology and augmentation and/or communication devices
and following up as needed.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Supervises Rehabilitation Technicians, students and volunteers
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services
delivered and individual speech therapy programs for effectiveness
and efficiency, using pre-determined criteria.
- Adheres to Speech Therapy Department procedures regarding
documentation of services.
- Provides in-service education to the members of the patient's
care team and education to the community.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, company standards, department procedures and standards
according to company guidelines.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation,
planning implementation and follow up of patient therapy
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve
maximum performance standards according to company guidelines.
- Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance as
- Maintains a current knowledge of law and regulations regarding
rehabilitative services and consults with supervisor to ensure that
all employment actions are in compliance with applicable
- Adheres to all documentation requirements of Rehabilitation
department, facility, and company.
- Contributes to a positive work team by sharing information,
using problem-solving methods, accepting new ideas, constructive
feedback and advice from others.
- Demonstrates superior customer service through professionalism,
courtesy, consistent and timely follow-up, and positive
- Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in
a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal
precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare
- Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries
and equipment to Supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster
- Adheres to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and
- Adheres to all policies of company, including job descriptions,
certifications requirements, mission statement, HIPAA,
confidentiality standards and patient rights.
- Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is
receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in
carrying out assignments.
- Communicates and interacts professionally and respectfully with
others in attending to and meeting their requests.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and as required to
effectively discharge the responsibilities of the position and are
in the best interests of the company. Experience/Experience
Required - Master's Degree in Speech and Language Therapy. - Hold a
Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech- Language Pathology
(CCC-SLP) credential offered by the American
Speech-Language-Hearing Association. - Must hold a current license
in the state of practice or a valid type 10 or be eligible for
licensure through completion of the Clinical Fellowship Year -
Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
professional development (see below)
Keywords: Healthpro Heritage, LLC, Cicero , School Bilingual Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - FMLA Leave, Other , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!