Company: Alden Town Manor Rehabilitation and Health Care Ce
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Alden Town Manor Rehabilitation and Health Care Center - Full
PM Shift (3 pm to 11 pm)
- To perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping
Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local
standards, guidelines and regulations, facility policies as
directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents,
family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Must possess ability and willingness to work harmoniously with
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics enabling
these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of
this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents,
family members, visitors, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, young,
emotionally upset and at times hostile people.
- May be required to lift, push, pull and move equipment,
supplies etc., in excess of fifty (50-100) pounds throughout the
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to (HIV) AIDS and Hepatitis B
- Follow established departmental policies and procedures,
including appropriate dress code.
- Meet the Housekeeping Personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis
to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the
improvement of services.
- Follow and complete cleaning schedules daily as
- Maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and
positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Participate in In-service Education Programs.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining an effective orientation
program that orients the new employee to the facility, his/her
department, and its policies and procedures.
- Recommend to the Housekeeping Supervisor the equipment and
supply needs of the department.
- Maintain an adequate number of supplies on housekeeping cart to
perform routine cleaning.
- Place proper MSDS label on all chemicals and replace with
proper label when soiled or worn.
- Use only the correct supplies and in proper dilution
- Keep all restricted areas locked.
- Check all windows, furniture, fixtures, etc. for correct
operation and complete maintenance repair slip, turn in to
- Obey all safety rules.
- Practice good infection control and follow universal
- Replace and replenish all supplies as needed to maintain
availability of toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags,
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation
of the facility's Quality Assurance program for the housekeeping
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Town Manor Rehabilitation and Health Care Ce, Cicero , Housekeeping Aide, Hospitality & Tourism , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!