Company: HealthPRO Management Services, LLC
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Overview School Based School Psychologist needed full time, 5 days per week, Pediatric School Psychologist Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for psychologist to help make a difference in a child's life!
- School Psychologist position available to begin ASAP!
- Cicero, IL
- 7 Hours daily / 35 hours weekly We value our School Psychologists and their dedicati on to our mission o f making a difference in a child's life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more! HealthPRO--/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled therapists and educators. We hire Therapists and Nurses who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in speech therapy that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented nurse that wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company. Looking forward to speaking with you! Kerri Ann Kerley, Recruitment - Pediatric Division, School Team Call: Text: Email: Responsibilities
- Consult with teachers, parents, administrators, and community mental health providers about learning, social, and behavior problems;
- Engage in school-wide mental health activities;
- Assist educators in implementing safe, healthy classroom and school environments;
- Teach parenting skills, problem-solving strategies, substance abuse, and other topics pertinent to healthy schools;
- Conduct research about effective instruction, behavior management, alternative school programs, and mental health interventions;
- Assess and evaluate the wide variety of school-related problems and assets of children and youth in assigned schools;
- Intervene directly with students and families through individual counseling, support groups, and skills training;
- Serve as a member of interdisciplinary teams to address needs of at-risk students and to serve the needs of students with disabilities through the special education assessment, eligibility, and placement process;
- Communicate results of psychological evaluations to parents, teachers, and others so that they can understand the nature of the students difficulties and how to better serve the students needs;
- Engage in crisis prevention and intervention services;
- Work with a wide range of student emotional and academic issues;
- May serve one or multiple schools in a school district or work for a community mental health center and/or in a university setting. Qualifications
- The majority of states require the completion of a 60 graduate semester specialist-level program in school psychology, including a 1200-hour internship.
- Many programs also offer a doctorate in school psychology, which generally requires 5-7 years of graduate work, including a 1500-hour internship and completion of a dissertation.
- There are a few states that continue to certify school psychologists that graduate from programs of less than 60 graduate semester credits; however, NASP maintains that the minimum acceptable education in school psychology is specialist-level training
- State license in the state which you are currently working. Recruiter : Email Address Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: HealthPRO Management Services, LLC, Cicero , School Psychologist, Healthcare , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!