Manager, Capital Markets
Company: Great Wolf Lodge
Location: Elmwood Park
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Company Overview: -Great Wolf is a highly regarded leader in
family vacations with a strong national platform. The company has
successfully developed 19 profitable resorts. Founded in 1997,
Great Wolf Lodge has a current footprint of 7,700 guestrooms across
the existing 19 properties, with 3 additional resorts under
construction, and 5 in various stages of pipeline development.
Great Wolf consistently garners praise from various media outlets
including placement on USA Today's "Best Indoor Water Park" list
from 2017-2021. The Company was also recognized by Newsweek as one
of "America's Most Loved Workplaces" for 2021. Great Wolf welcomes
over 8 million guests per year, and undergoing substantial real
estate portfolio development growth both domestically and
Job Summary: -The Manager, Capital Markets will be responsible for
the ground up real estate development underwriting of new lodges,
ROI projects on existing lodges, and due diligence associated with
debt placements (Senior Direct Mortgage, Mezzanine, and CMBS). The
manager will be responsible for reviewing lending agreement terms,
creating loan abstracts, working through compliance requirements,
reading third-party reports as well as creating ground up operating
cash flow models. The individual should be capable of working
through an underwriting assignment with supervision, as well as
pulling portfolio data from company databases for comp analysis
reviews. This position will require coordination across multiple
functions with fast paced deadlines.
- Perform new lodge underwriting analysis for development
projects, updating current investment models, and performing ROI
analysis for existing lodge projects
- Assist with maintaining relationships with lenders, servicers,
and due diligence providers as well as private equity
- Review of specialized documents such as ground leases,
regulatory agreements, franchise and management contracts or
operating agreements/leases to understand asset complexities for
- Analyze and evaluate complex ownership borrower structures
relative to legal and financial responsibilities and
- Assist with resolving any distressed situations in need of
work-out in order to maximize value of investments and/or obtain
waivers or other allowances as necessary.
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by management.
- A strong knowledge of commercial real estate markets
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and technical skills,
including the ability to analyze, underwrite and forecast property
cash flows and valuations
- Ability to size and price loans with proper structural
- Team player who is organized, efficient, proactive,
conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for
specific performance and work product.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building skills, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation
- Creative problem-solver with strong research skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret real estate market
data/trends and financial information.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel.
- Experience in underwriting commerical real estate.
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in analysis of
hospitality or commercial real estate, including duties such as
valuation and market analysis, reviewing financial statements, and
- An undergraduate degree in a business-related field (i.e.
Finance, Real Estate, Business, or Accounting).
- Highly inquisitive individual, with ability to perform
assignments and also learn on the job relating to Great Wolf's
business model, hospitality trends, commercial real estate, and
debt capital markets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
- Strong time-management skills and ability to operate under
- Ability to multitask and work on several transactions
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work both
independently and in a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Great Wolf Lodge, Cicero , Manager, Capital Markets, Executive , Elmwood Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!