Absence Management Team Lead
Posted on: July 15, 2020
Absence Management Team Lead
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join
Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe.
Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits
and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the
heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations
count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they
face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether
they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or
damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto
or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the
birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to
provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend
on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable
assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At
Sedgwick, caring counts--. Join our team of creative and caring
people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the
lives of others.
As the largest provider of disability and absence management
solutions, Sedgwick offers a combination of services covering every
possible time away from work scenario. Our clients depend on us to
support and improve the health and productivity of their workforce
in a way that is cost-effective, efficient and compliant.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To supervise the operation of multiple teams of
examiners and technical staff for disability claims for clients; to
monitor colleagues' workload, provide training, and monitor
individual claim activities; to provide technical/jurisdictional
direction to examiner reports on claims adjudication; and to
maintain a diary on claims in the teams including frequent diaries
on complex or high exposure claims.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises multiple teams of examiners and/or several (minimum
seven) technical operations colleagues for a wide span of control;
may delegate some duties to others within the unit.
- Identifies and advises management of trends, problems, and
issues as well as recommended course of action; informs management
of new procedures and ideas for continuous process improvement; and
coordinates with management projects for the office.
- Provides technical/jurisdictional direction to examiner reports
on claims adjudication.
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes management reports and takes
- Performs quality review on claims in compliance with audit
requirements, service contract requirements, and quality
- Acts as second level of appeal for client and claimant issues
regarding claim specific, procedural or special requests;
implements final disposition of the appeal.
- Reviews reserve amounts on high cost claims and claims over the
authority of the individual examiner.
- Monitors third party claims; maintains periodical review of
litigated claims, serious vocational rehabilitation claims,
questionable claims and sensitive claims as determined by
- Maintains contact with the client on claims and promotes a
professional client relationship; makes recommendations to client
as suggested by the claim status; and provides written resumes of
specific claims as requested by client.
- Assures that direct reports are properly licensed in the
- Ensures claims files are coded correctly and adequate
documentation is made by claims examiners.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs other duties as assigned.
Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows
company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance
development plans; conducts colleague performance
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to
promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
preferred. Licenses as required. Professional certifications as
applicable to line of business preferred.
Six (6) years claims experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience required. Two (2) years of claims
supervisory experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of claims management processes and
procedures for disability
- Excellent oral and written communication, including
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment,
troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability
to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple
priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit
check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague
assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a
comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances.
Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of
the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
monster #LI-TS *LI-TS
Keywords: Sedgwick, Cicero , Absence Management Team Lead, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!