Posted on: June 21, 2022
Medix is seeking a Quality Engineer for a packing manufacturer
located in Cicero. This position is responsible for coordinating,
facilitating and implementing quality assurance standards as major
automation overhaul projects begin and new cell layouts are
implemented. This individual must be statistical driven, with heavy
experience utilizing SPC and CPK. Preferably has obtained a Six
Sigma belt (yellow, green or black).Major Responsibilities
- Responsible for promoting and ensuring that QA department
employees, and oneself, are prioritizing safety above all else,
following all Company safety policies, rules and practices, and
contributing to a safe working environment.
- Supervise, evaluate, train and mentor QC Technicians, on all
shifts, as required and communicate company standards to Training
should include but not be limited to procedures, work instructions
& quality documentation. Provide inspection tools needed by QC
Technicians, track and order supplies and communicate any
maintenance needs to departmental manager.
- Support Sr. QA Manager in laboratory testing, analysis and
reporting of supplied products.
- Work directly with manufacturing managers, supervisors and
employees to improve the quality of their processes. Utilize
statistical tools as needed, with an emphasis on driving and
improving quality and the quality process.
- Maintain and calibrate all gauges used by QC Techs and train
them on their use.
- Supervise and participate in audits of WIP and finished goods,
and record and evaluate results.
- Maintain and audit compliance to HARM/HACCP plans. Conduct
necessary follow-up and verification of audit CAPA's. Conduct
internal audits against standards.
- Support SR. QA Manager in management of the supplier and
customer complaint process; assure timely response from customers
and suppliers on all complaints.
- Manage the Internal Nonconformance process.
- Travel up to 10%.Qualifications & Skills
- BS degree in Science, Engineering, QA or Operations
- Minimum two years of Quality Assurance experience in a
- Experience in food packaging, paper packaging, ISO, BRC, GFSI,
FSC/SFI/PEFC, and Six Sigma preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Fluency with
computer software packages and knowledgeable about HACCP, GMP, GLP,
- Proficiency In: Statistics, statistical software, SPC
Keywords: Medix---, Cicero , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!