IT Senior Auditor
Company: Wintrust Financial
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50
billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC.
Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated
technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on
providing service-based community banking to each and every
customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries
with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern
Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various
non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance
premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing,
out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and
purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary
services for tax-deferred exchanges.Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the
Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by
the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary or incentive bonus
- Hybrid schedule! Remote for at least 3 days a week and in our
Rosemont office 1-2 days a week.
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental,
vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition
reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- Promote from within cultureWhy join this team?Wintrust is
looking for a highly self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic
professional to join the Wintrust IT Internal Audit team. We are
offering audit professionals the opportunity to develop their IT
technical and auditing skills while learning about the
organization. This position will be responsible for the execution
of a risk based IT audit plan by completing operational IT audit
testing activities. The position is part of the larger IT audit
team responsible for audits related to the company's current and
emerging technologies including Information Security, Data
Management, System Implementations, Digital Channels, as well as
other special projects. The role will work in a collaborative
environment to execute the audits while occasionally working
independently with supervision.Hybrid schedule! Remote for at least
2-3 days a week and in our Rosemont office 2-3 days a week.What
- Develops and maintains a positive and respectful working
relationships with audit team members, audit clients, and provides
audit insights on the company's strategic initiatives and emerging
- Accountable for own assignments and holding others accountable
for their work including proactively managing expectations.
- Actively participates in the successful and timely completion
of assigned engagement deliverables pursuant to internal
guidelines, procedures and established milestones, with high
- Assists with the development of the audit risk assessment using
a risk-based approach including identifying and assessing controls
against best practices and research performed.
- Participates and documents walkthroughs with relevant business
process owners and develops detailed narratives and process flow
- Executes test procedures prescribed in the risk assessment with
alignment to workpaper documentation standards.
- Drafts findings and recommendations for the purpose of status
updates, audit reports, etc.
- Ensures observations from prescribed procedures and practices
are fully supported by relevant evidence and corroborated
- Applies analytical skills to review information, perform
assessments of the audit results, and evaluate the adequacy of
- Communicates timely the status of assigned audit and project
work to engagement supervisor.
- Attends and participates in audit team planning meetings and
audit meetings with clients, including drafting meeting
- Maintain technical competence by ongoing training, seeking
development opportunities and applying new skills and knowledge to
assigned audit work.
- Provides training, coaching and audit expertise to the audit
team.This position is a member of the IT Audit team under the
guidance of an IT Audit Director and administratively reports to an
IT Audit Manager while functionally executing work under the
supervision of an Audit Officer. The position will work closely
with audit team members, internal audit clients, risk management
and compliance functions within the organization, as well as
external parties where applicable. The role is based in Rosemont,
IL with occasional travel to banking and non-banking locations in
and outside of the Rosemont area.Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant audit experience in internal
audit, Information Technology and/or public accounting.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to self-motivate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to
articulate with clarity and precision.
- Ability to proactively assess issues, identify solutions and
problem solve with value add opportunities to the
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic
- Flexibility, multi-taking, creative thinking and good business
judgment skills required to meet project deadlines.
- Team-oriented individual able to work independently, when
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Applied knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies,
risk-based auditing techniques and auditing standards and
frameworks (i.e., COSO, COBIT, NIST, ISO, ITIL, etc.)
- Experience in utilizing computer-assisted audit tools and
techniques (e.g. ACL, IDEA, DataIKU, etc.) and internal audit
management software (i.e., TeamMate) desired.
- Travel 5%-10%, as needed. -
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or
university, with a major in Information Technology, Information
Systems, Operations and Information Management, Accounting,
Business Administration, or related field of study.
- CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA is desired.#LI-HYBRIDFrom our first day
in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique
communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank
- and Wisconsin's Bank -, we need to reflect that diversity both in
all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the
organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices.
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and
financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic
information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a
covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Wintrust Financial, Cicero , IT Senior Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Cicero, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...